- Dogs in classes must be friendly to people and other dogs.
- If you aren’t sure if your dog is friendly, please call and speak with a trainer. You may be required to pay for a private assessment before eligibility in class can be determined.
- We will arrange make up classes if we have to postpone a class for any reason.
- If you miss a class, we will do our best to include you in another class in order to make up a missed one but we cannot guarantee this.
- We expect each member in class to act in a respectful manner to the trainers, assistants, other class members and their dogs.
Health and Temperament
- If your dog has a bite history you must disclose this at time of registration.
- It will be up to the trainers’ discretion if dogs with a bite history will be allowed into class.
- If a dog with a bite history is allowed to participate in class, they must be muzzled and have received proper information on appropriate muzzles and muzzle training. Please contact us for this information if necessary.
- Please ensure your dog is up to date on necessary vaccines for the specific class you are registering for or has had a recent titre.
- Dogs that are sick or recovering from illness are not permitted to partake in class.
- If your dog is in heat she may not attend classes. We encourage you, instead, to attend classes without your dog.
- We do not guarantee a make up class for your dog if they miss because they have gone into heat, but we will do our best.
- All of our fees for private training must be paid on or before the session and are non-refundable.
- Any packages purchased must be fully pre-paid before the first session and are non-refundable.
- Packages for training sessions must be used within 6 months of purchase.
- Class fees must be pre-paid and are non-refundable unless in the case of an emergency or in the event we cancel a class.
- Our training methods are force-free and positive – only.
- Our trainers and assistants and any class participant will be required and expected to use positive training methods.
- We reserve the right, in the name of safety for everyone, to decide that group classes are not a fit for your dog if their behaviour is not acceptable or productive for the environment. If this is the case, we will make arrangements for private training and apply a credit towards such from the initial payment made for the class.
- If you use electric fencing with your dog, please let us know. These tools are contrary to the methods we use and you may not be eligible to participate in any group class.
- We do not allow choke, prong/pinch or electric collars in class.
- Dogs must wear a flat buckle or snap collar and regular 4 or 6-foot leash. We also highly recommend owners consider using a body harness, and we are happy to recommend some of our favourites.
- We do not allow extendable or flexi leashes in class.
- We use treats in our classes and you will be required to provide and use appropriate treats in your training. We are happy to explain the use of food in training and why and how we use it.
- In group classes, children under the age of 16 must be supervised by one adult who is NOT the main handler for the dog.
- Each dog must have a focused and dedicated handler that is not distracted.